Guest post from Barry-
That Guitar Hero can be a dangerous game.
Maria, who takes her Guitar Hero extremely seriously, was rocking out last Monday night when she tripped on the step in our media room and broke her wrist, putting her Guitar Hero career on hold for the next six to eight weeks and giving the rest of us a chance to catch up with her. On Wednesday, she had three pins screwed into her wrist to hold it together while it heals. Needless to say, she was in a lot of pain. To add insult to injury, on Sunday she came down with the flu. Aches, fever, headache… misery…
I have a work trip I’m taking today (Monday Feb 18) to Boca Raton, Florida and was hoping to have Maria tag along and spend some time together. Grandma McGovern had graciously agreed to watch the kids for a few days while we were away. After Maddie came home from school throwing up on Monday and with Maria not feeling any better, we made the decision that non-refundable ticket or not, she wasn’t going to be able to come. I’m incredibly disappointed. I’ve been looking forward to this trip with my baby for months and I know Maria has too. (I think she still hasn’t forgiven me for not taking her with me to Paris last year). Maybe next time.
Anyway, if you have time, send Maria an email or give her a call to let her know you are thinking about her.
No comments:
Post a Comment