SOME UPDATES
Well, we have started summer classes this week. Madelyn, Parker, and Tanner are on the Denton Dolphins Swim Team, so they practice every morning. Cambren is taking swim lessons at the same time, so that is nice. They have their first meet this Friday, however, I don't think any of them are going to participate, just watch to see what its like. Next time though I hope they will swimming at least one event. Their coach is really good with the kids.
Cambren is doing a soccer camp this week. He really enjoyed his first season of soccer. He just has so much fun! He wants to start golf, but we couldn't find any lessons for his age! I guess he will have to wait. He has a lot of determination.
Madelyn starts gymnastics this week. She has wanted to try gymnastics again for a while. I hope that we will stick with it this time. She is also doing soccer camp next week. She wants to start golf and piano, but I thought we would wait on this! Cheerleading starts up again in August I believe.
Tanner is playing tennis still. He is getting some private instruction this summer, so we hope to see some vast improvements. He really enjoys playing. He is still learning piano. He'll start flag football in August.
Parker will be very busy next week. He will have swimming from 8:30am-9:30am, basketball (his true love) camp from 9:00am-3:00pm, then, he will go to soccer camp from 6:00pm-9:00pm. Craziness! He is still learning piano. He'll start flag football in August.
All the kids also want me to do a "fitness boot camp" with them this summer. They are funny! As if they aren't getting in a good enough workout with all their stuff already! I was thinking I should jump in the water with them and then I might be able to get a much needed work out in myself. (Parker begged me not to actually do that-"No offense, but it would be really weird if you were on the swim team mom.")
Our house on Cottonwood Trail that we are trying to sell suffered from all this rain that we have been having. Evidently part of the chimney cap got blown off during one of the storms and rain was pouring in through our chimney. The water seeped through to our master bedroom floor whose wall backs the living room where the fireplace is. Unfortunately, we will have replace the carpet in our bedroom; fortunately, our brand new bedroom furniture did not get damaged. We will also have to replace the pillars on the fireplace mantel. *Sigh* So, our house is currently not being shown. We are hoping to get things dried out and fixed this week.
Barry leaves for Paris on Saturday, so he has been really busy at work preparing for that trip. He is a little stressed as well because his passport has still not arrived! He's not sure how he will explain that one to the CFO if he is unable to accompany him...
We are definitely keeping busy!
P.S. We are keeping so busy that I thought I had already posted this! Ha! Ha!
1 comment:
Wow looks like you guys will be having one crazy busy summer! We miss you all and love you! Good luck with the swim team guys I am so proud of you all!
Post a Comment