TWENTY TEN
Truthfully, glad to be moving on to the next decade. Can you believe that at the end of this next decade, we will have two kids with undergraduate degrees, one working on it, and one about to graduate high school?! That really blows my mind and makes my bank account sigh a heavy, nervous sigh. Is it bad planning that I am totally counting on all the kids to get scholarships?
We opened up the sealed envelope that held our 2009 resolutions today and read aloud all of our goals from last year to evaluate our successfulness. Although I would say that we were all about 75% unsuccessful (Yes, that is truly a sorry statistic.), however, it helped us realize that we need to stick to some more realistic goals that are completely within our control. Skydiving is a great goal, but unrealistic and unrealizable when you are a 7 year old.
We had such a great break over the holiday from work, school, and sports. We enjoyed the company of friends and family, but mostly relaxed and did a lot of nothing. It was a much needed rest. Unfortunately, the glow has worn off too soon and we are again back in full swing.
One of my new year's resolutions is to try and find some balance. We want to give our kids opportunities and let them explore everything out there in the world, but how to do that times four and not go crazy is something I haven't quite figured out. I REALLY liked being able to just be home with little commitments. I also REALLY like watching my kids participate in sports, music, chess, etc. Between commitments and life (Broken garage doors, broken water pipes, bills, homework, doctors, work, laundry, cooking, cleaning, blogs), there needs to be some down time too. Not sure where to fit that in, but it definitely needs to take more of a top priority this year. I'll keep you updated on how that goes.
Here's a few of my favorite photos from Christmas (Polar Express Train Ride, Christmas Eve with the McGovern family side, SNOW! on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day-4:30am):



No comments:
Post a Comment