Wednesday, January 20, 2010

NEXT ONE ON THE LIST

Barry and I have been very influenced lately by several movies and books regarding the food we eat. Two movies that we have enjoyed were
Food, Inc. and King Corn

A few of the books we have read are:

and

They have opened our eyes even more to the importance of knowing where your food comes from and making more informed choices about what you buy.

Now, don't get me wrong. It's not like I can really give up donuts. Come on, the warm, sugary, doughy goodness is just too much of a tasty delight to give up. And I guarantee that if anyone understands the hit your grocery bill takes from the exorbitant prices you pay for organic produce, meats, and dairy-it's me.

I guess we have just decided that it's worth the premium to have more control over the fuel that we run our bodies with. In bits and pieces that is. We are doing what we can for now with the high hopes to continue to add to the sustainability of our future in more ways than one.

So, add that to my New Year's Resolution list for 2010 and beyond.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its true we are what we eat!!! It is work to change eating and costly.

Keep up the good work

Allison and Ben said...

I'm the changes you make will go a long way. You can always start a garden, then you know exactly where your food comes from.

About this blog