Tuesday, July 1, 2008

RED, WHITE, AND BLUE

We had a great opportunity not only to talk with Ben during his brief stop in Dallas on his way back to Iraq, but to also see an awesome display of patriotism. I just loved seeing all the soldiers, men and women, who are serving our country. Although I am sure they are not anxious to return after their short reprieve, it really touched me to see their sacrifice. I was so touched by the USO's efforts and support as well. I worry that support is waning, however, I can see that there are still plenty volunteers there making our troops feel as comfortable and appreciated as possible. It brings tears to my eyes just to remember it now. What a great reminder at this time of the year-our Independence Day celebration being right around the corner.

Thank you Ben (and family)!
(click for the pics)

No comments:

About this blog