GENEROSITY IN ACTION
I am just really excited to share this story with you guys. As most of you know, we are going through 52 virtues this year-trying to do one a week. Characteristics we feel are important foundations for a virtuous life. You might have noticed that last week we were practicing generosity. All the kids did an awesome job with this all week!A particularly great example of the way that they practiced generosity has to do with the skating program that is coming to their school in April. Through PE, they will be learning basic skating skills using special skates that won't mark up their gym floor. You have to rent these skates at $8 a pair in order to participate in the program. On the forms that we had to sign and return with the fee, there was a place to sponsor a pair of skates for a child who might not otherwise be able to participate. Each one of the kids decided to sponsor a pair of skates. Needless to say, we were overwhemled with their generosity. To top it off, their PE teacher wrote the note below (Barry and I also sponsored a pair-that's why it says 5.):

I share this with you not to boast our generosity, but because I can't read the note without getting choked up. I am so proud of our kids (Okay, so I guess it is to boast about our kids.)! It is nice to think that they are actually getting it-not that I doubt they are. It is just nice to have a solid confirmation like this to make you feel like you are doing something right! Once again, OUR KIDS ROCK!
1 comment:
I TOTALLY agree! Our kids do Rock!
Post a Comment