Truly rambling...
I've taken a bit of a hiatus from blogging, but now I'm ready to get back into it-I think. That's kind of how I am feeling about the New Year. I'm just a little slow to get started this year. It might have something to do with the fact that I didn't actually send my Christmas cards, which were done in mid-December, until January 5th. Not sure why I waited to get them out...maybe felt like the biggest part of the battle was the family photo (You can view the ones that didn't make it on our photo website. I pared them down, so those are actually only about 1/4 of the ones we took-no, I'm not kidding.)
Anyway, I guess I have to admit the new year has started and I am going to have to snap out of the "it's okay, it's the holidays" mode somehow.Here's something else I'm trying to avoid-my little baby growing up. [Pictures courtesy of Parker]. Cam had started riding one day without training wheels a few months ago (After Parker and his friend took them off for him to help him learn.)and I wouldn't let him. No way. I didn't want him to! But, he persisted and look at him go. A little reckless still, but nonetheless riding a big boy bike. *Sigh* It goes by so quickly!
It was really fun to get everyone's cards and family updates. It's always great to hear the latest on what's going on with everyone. Thanks!
The older kids are back in school and it's just Cam and I again. I'll admit to missing homeschooling a bit, but I am so glad the kids are enjoying school. Cambren sure misses them during the day and constantly asks when school is going to be done.
We are practicing joyfulness as our family virtue this week. Remembering that joy is inside you and no matter what is happening around you, you can have joy. Something I need to work on. A good thought to start off the new year with.
It's late. I started this yesterday and now it's today. It's a slow start I know, but check back soon. I promise it'll get going again...on Monday...right after I eat just this one more piece of fudge...it's okay, it's the holiday...
2 comments:
great photos!!! glad to see you blogging again. miss you guys!
Maria & Barry,
Thanks for the Christmas card - and the link to your front porch. The wonderful memories and connections you are making have eternity laced through them. Thanks for sharing.
Aunt Tami (Tamara Criddle)
Post a Comment