GLAD TO BE ABLE TO DO LAUNDRY AGAIN!?!
The Tuesday after we got back from our Utah trip, I went to see the orthopedic doctor. After some xrays, it was determined that I was ready to get the pins out. Yeah! She promised it wouldn't hurt, but in true Maria fashion, I nearly passed out! You know, I birthed 4 children-after the 1st c-section, I had all of them without an epidural (as I look back now, I sometimes wonder-why?). I've had 2 bouts with kidney stones that have required surgery, an uterus infection requiring surgery, and probably a few other things I've forgotten. You would think I could take some pain, but evidently blisters (see the Breast Cancer post) and pins being pried out of my bones with a pair of garage pliers (I swear Barry could have done this at home and saved me the office visit co-pay. We have definitely had our share of those this year already. But then, who would take the photos?) Although I got a little queasy, my wrist is feeling so much better! I am actually so glad to be able to fold the laundry without any pain! Yah! Which is good because Barry was really messing up my color coded hangers system for the laundry and hanging the clothes in the wrong direction! (Yes, I really am that anal about the laundry. Now you know my poor family's pain.)
The xrays with the pins in, pretty much healed. Yes, I am so excited to get these out of here!
Okay, maybe I am feeling a little queasy and need to lay down. Yeah, something to throw up in would be great, thanks. And, there they are! Gross! They were so amazed I didn't want to keep them. I guess I'm not a true scrapbooker then...no bloody pins acid free and preserved forever in my photo albums. So sorry.
I really do want to give a very big and grateful thank you to my whole family for pitching in. They rock! Speaking of rocking...
No comments:
Post a Comment