OVERDUE FOR AN UPDATE
I know the blog has been sitting stale for quite some time now. We have been overwhelmingly busy. Where to start?
CAMBREN STARTED PRESCHOOL at Footprints and has been loving it! His teacher is Ms. Robyn and she is so sweet. Since the first day was on his birthday, he got all sorts of special treats and attention! He has two girls from his previous class with him this year and he is so excited about that. (Cam and Ms. Robyn)
IT WAS CAM'S GOLDEN BIRTHDAY this year as he turned 5 on the 5th! We celebrated with some of his friends and family at an indoor birthday party place called Heroes. He had a lot of fun with the bounce houses, pinata, cupcake birthday cake, and carnival games.
PARKER TURNED NINE on the 7th! We celebrated as a family at Rainforest Cafe. Matt, Julie, Jack and Kate joined us there for a fun dinner. Time goes by so quickly-sometimes I really have to think hard about how old he is.
SOCCER SEASON HAS started and it is just as chaotic as predicted! We have practices every night of the week. Saturday is filled with games. Thankfully, we have some back up since we are physically unable to get everyone to the places they need to be as we are playing on three different fields this year. What were we thinking?!
I HAVE BEEN KEEPING BUSY with real estate and just changed brokers as mine has retired. I will miss Fred and Jean Fields, but I am looking forward to working at my new office-Cannon Realty. I have also been trying to train for my upcoming Susan G. Komen 3 Day Walk for a Cure. My friend and I have been walking early in the morning on the weekends. 8-10 miles on Saturday and then 8-14 miles on Sunday. I am looking forward with anticipation and apprehension to the 60 miles we will walk at the end of October. We are also hosting a Scrapbook Crop on September 29th as a fundraiser for this event. So, I have been busy planning, creating, and talking with businesses for donations to help us out with this. We are hoping this will help us reach our fundraising goals for the walk. (If you would like to donate, click on the link at the right of this page.)
AS IF ALL THIS WAS NOT ENOUGH, we have again changed our moving plans! Evidently posting it on the blog does not make it a for sure thing! It has been one crazy home search, but it is finally coming to an end. We pulled out of the Preserve because we just felt we were building too much house for the neighborhood to support. Then, we decided to go south a bit to the Flower Mound area and put money down with Sotherby, another builder, in a huge subdivision called Lantana. Everything we could ever want in a home, but the lots are very small and close together. We thought that it was a compromise that we would have to make, but we really just couldn't get comfortable with it so we pulled out of there. We had just about given up hope of finding anything when we found the home we are buying now. It is a pre-existing home in south Flower Mound on an acre. It seems to be everything that we were hoping for, so we are very excited! We close at the end of next week and we plan to move in over the following week. I will post pictures and details after we are in there.
No comments:
Post a Comment