Thursday, August 17, 2006

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

It was a hard decision for me to send our three oldest kids to public school. I question whether they will become complacent in their learning. I'm not sure they have the self-motivation to push themselves and request more. What kid wants more work or harder work to do? Will the school listen to me? Will the kids show their potential well enough so they will see? Sigh...I know it will all work out. I really think this is the best for them. I am so hopeful that they will have good experiences there.

I've talked with the EXPO teacher there already. EXPO is their Gifted and Talented program. It really isn't much except to pull the kids out of their class once a week I believe. The teacher seems very supportive of challenging the kids and talked with me for quite a while, which I appreciate. I know I surely don't have a completely unbiased opinion of where the kids are at. I just hope that we don't have to wait until 2nd semester to figure out that something needs to be done differently.

It has also been an adjustment to get the kids up early again! We still haven't managed the get to bed early part yet. I think today might be the day that it all catches up with them though. They were hard to get out of bed this morning!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Barry and I had our 14th anniversary this week. It pretty much snuck up and passed almost unnoticed unfortunately with all the school craziness. We are hoping to celebrate this weekend just with dinner I think. I do feel so lucky to be married to my best friend. I can't hardly remember life without him and I can't even bear to think of it without him. He is my true companion.

No comments:

About this blog